Through non-formal educational courses of Erasmus+, the NGO aims to bring people of different cultures together in Cyprus and abroad.
On a local and international level, Make it Happen along with other NGOs organises numerous cultural and educational activities, events, youth exchanges, and training courses. Through its actions, Make it Happen aims to:
– Empower youth through non-formal education,
– Exchange and understand experiences, ideas, and values of youth coming from different countries,
– Inform about the value of volunteer work,
– Expand the horizons of youth and help them leave their comfort zone,
– Self-develop as well as develop in a team of youth,
– Discover the European identity,
– Explore the European civilisation as well as the cultures of other countries,
– Educate and promote equality and equal opportunities between the European youth citizens,
– Enhance the environmental consciousness of the youth,
– Help the youth easily adjust to the society,
– Provide necessary recourses and supplies to help the youth become active citizens,
– Inform the youth about the different mobility opportunities they could use.
We have European Solidarity Corps Quality Label as Support Organisation.
Make it Happen is currently running 2 projects as a beneficiary:
– ‘I Dream Green’ is a Youth Exchange project which aims to offer participants an understanding of environmental sustainability, climate crisis, and consequences on the planet caused by waste in natural environments.
– ‘CATS – Caring Actions Towards Strays’ is a Solidarity Project. The project aims to improve the life conditions of stray cats in Limassol, and to help reduce the littering caused by people in cat colonies. To achieve our aims we are installing feeding stations (for food and water) for the stray cats of Limassol, and we are organising activities to educate people on how to coexist with stray cats in a clean community. We hope that this Solidarity Project will help everyone understand that cats are part of this island and we should treat them with care and respect.